Taking care of yourself after dental implant surgery is similar to that after tooth extraction.
Additional instructions for care after dental implant surgery are the following:
1. Avoid chewing on or placing a removable dental appliance on the site of surgery
2. Avoid using mouth rinses that contain alcohol or hydrogen peroxide
3. Avoid toothpaste that contains whitening agents
4. Clean any exposed implant component with a soft toothbrush or cotton-tipped applicator with a light amount of force
5. After the gum has completely healed, consider using a water jet device (i.e. Waterpik®) to clean your teeth and/or dental crowns and bridges
6. When you have temporary teeth that are on new dental implants just placed, do not chew anything that you can not crash with a plastic fork
If you were informed that the sinus was involved in the surgery, follow the instructions below. In addition, see instructions contained in the links above for dental extractions.
1. Avoid blowing your nose
2. If you have to sneeze, do so with your mouth open
3. If your nose or sinus is congested, call our office and consider taking an over-the-counter sinus decongestant
Copyright © 2020 Dr. Woo's Dental Implant Center - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided here or related websites is for educational and informational purposes ONLY. In no way should it be considered as offering dental advice, medical advice, treatment advice, or any related advice. PLEASE CONSULT WITH A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL FOR ANY ISSUES OR CONCERNS YOU MAY
All-On-4®, All On 4, AO4, Teeth On 4, Teeth in a day®, teeth in one day, same day teeth®, Immediate load dental implants, Immediate function dental implants, Dental Implant, Dental Implants, Dental Prosthesis, Fixed Teeth, Dental Bridge, Replacement Teeth, Tooth Extraction, Teeth Extractions, Oral Surgeon, Implant Dentist, implant dentistry, wisdom teeth, wisdom teeth surgery, wisdom teeth removal, 3rd molars, 3rd molar surgery, 3rd molar removal, wisdom tooth, wisdom tooth removal, wisdom tooth surgery, Dental anesthesia, dental sedation, dental general anesthesia, sedation dentistry
All-On-4® is trademarked by nobel biocare services ag. Same day teeth® is trademarked by PIKOS IMPLANT INSTITUTE, INC. Teeth in a day® is trademarked by prosthodontics intermedica.
Background vector created by macrovector - www.freepik.com